Saturday, December 21, 2013

Maybe this won't be so bad after all

Remember that time I went out for a three mile run and was feeling so good at the turn around point I decided to keep going and make it a four mile run?? Yeah, I can't believe it either.

 

Training for my spring 1/2 marathon starts on Monday and I was doubting if I'd be able to run the first 3 mile workout my plan called for. It a gorgeous 70 degree day in December so I decided to go out this morning just to see how I would do. Turns out all of these step and cycle classes are paying off in leg strength and overall endurance. Last sping after being religious to my training plan for the GW Parkway 10 Miler I set a PR. I ran that at a 13:54 pace, today I finished my 4 miles at 12:19. Holy cow. I would have blown my 5k PR out of the water by over two and a half minutes.

 

While I know all of my training runs won't be this amazing, it's a good way to start off. I'm totally stoked to really get into it and get those longer miles in.

No comments:

Post a Comment