Tuesday, November 20, 2012

#photoaday November Part Duex

Two posts in one month?! What WHAT?!? Yes this is happening.

So, let's pick up where the last post left off...

Day 11: night
Where I spend my time at night. This is where we're at with the bedroom so far. I still want to paint. I need to redo the headboard from the condo to fit a king sized bed and with a new fabric. Oh, an curtains or drapes. My brain has totally blocked out picking out window treatments since we have pretty decent blinds.

Day 12: drink
Since I already did Diet Coke, let's feature my other current favorite drink, Tanqueray and Tonic. I've just recently started drinking gin and am hooked. I tried gin about 7 years ago an HATED it. After reading a book set on Nantucket with everyone drinking G&Ts all day long, I decided I'd give gin another try. Loving it and I feel so fancy ordering a Gin and Tonic at happy hour these days.

Day 13: where you slept
This one comes from my Instagram. This is what I wake up to every morning. The pups love sleeping in the bed and take up more space than the people do. they really spread out and get comfortable. At least they're cute while they do it, otherwise they would have gotten kicked out by now.

Day 14: man-made
Practically everything man made started at Home Depot, right? I was totally a Lowe's girl before we moved, but with a Home Depot twice a close to our house, I made the switch. We go to Home Depot at least once a week, there is always a project in the works or something we forgot on the last trip. We have to change light bulbs so much in this house, and each one that goes out is a different type than what we've already stocked up on, so always go back for light bulbs at a minimum.

Day 15: in your bag
I was going to give you a pic of my messy bag, but that was too chaotic. Lately my Kindle Fire has been going EVERYWHERE with me. I've been reading The Maze Runner, I don't have tons of time to read, but it's gotten really good in the past couple of days, so I've been taking any few minutes I can to read a few more pages.

Day 16: the view from your window
Here is Sidney hunting through the back yard. The pups seem to enjoy their new backyard. When we first moved in there were rabbits that snuck in through gaps in the fence. The pups loved chasing them through the small yard, they would team up, but never quite figured out how to catch one. THANK GOODNESS.

Day 17: the last thing you bought
We went up to Philly to visit friends this weekend. We stopped by Reading Terminal for lunch. DiNic's was featured on Man vs. Food and our friends from Philly vouched for it's amazingness. The Philly Marathon was this weekend and the Race Expo was going on across the street. The line for DiNics was wrapped around the building. Luckily it moved pretty quick, we were getting hungry! I didn't get a picture of my Brisket sandwich because I scarfed it down so quick. It was amazing though.

Day 18: happened this weekend
Here's another shot from Reading Terminal. The produce looked AMAZING. I would love to have something like this close to our house!!! The farmer's market down the street just doesn't compare.

Day 19: something awesome
Ok, so maybe this isn't awesome to everyone, but this is my favorite place in the house right now. We got a deep freezer for the 1/4 cow we bought from a local farmer. Local, grass fed, organic beef for less than $3 per pound? Sign me up. We pick up our cow tomorrow, so excited to get this baby filled up. We're getting almost 200 lbs of beef. All individually packed and vacuum sealed. I'm excited to start menu planning and trying out new recipes with all of the different cuts of meat we'll have.

This picture is also awesome because of the shelf above the freezer. Hubs and I hung that bad boy up without drilling a single errant hole. This is huge for us, we usually have at least 2 or 3 mess ups before we get everything completed.

Day 20: work/play
I am fortunate to be able to work from home sometimes. Today it's working with Bravo on in the background. I can work all day and keep guilty pleasure/trashy shows on all day in the background. LOVE IT.


So that's what I've been up to the past 10 days. What have you been up to? Anything exciting aside from Turkey Day preparation?








No comments:

Post a Comment