Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Next 30 Years...



“I think I’ll take a moment to celebrate my age, the ending of an era, and the turning of a page
-         - Tim McGraw

I distinctly remember seeing Phil Vassar sing this song he had written for his friend Tim McGraw my freshman year of college. At the ripe age of 18 I thought 30 was so far away. Old. I heard the song on the radio about a month ago and when it started, I swore he was going to say “My next 40 years” because I couldn’t imagine that I was as old as my 18 year old self thought 30 was.

“Maybe now I’ve conquered all my adolescent fears, I’ll do it better in my next 30 years”

Now that I’m here, it’s not old. It’s not scary, it’s just 30. Several times over the past week it really hit that I’m not in my 20’s anymore. Not that the fun is over, but it's a different kind of fun now. Staying in to cook dinner and cuddle up with hubs and the pups for a movie is a good time. Saturday morning bike rides or runs are what I look forward to. Choosing paint colors and finding new recipes are what get me pumped these days.

I’m in such a good place right now. Married to my best friend, have the best two pups in the world, living in house we adore. I don’t know if I expected to be here at 30, but I’m pretty stoked this is my current lot in life.

Not gonna lie, I’m thrilled to see where the next 30 years take me. I have big plans for this coming year, and I know the next 29 after that are just going to get better and better.

To quote Tim one last time,

 “my next 30 years will be the best years of my life”

No comments:

Post a Comment